Let me reassure you that I am alive and well. I’d like to say I’ve come further in my journey to finding my purpose, but honestly I haven’t been looking. I’ve been busy with the pups, the Kidlet and becoming a weird half-assed Asian version of Martha Stewart.
But before I get to that, I’ll give you a quick bullet point version of life:
- My mom’s psychic says once I “settle down” I’ll find my purpose. Whoa…let’s not scare everyone here…calm down people, breathe…we don’t need to worrying about settling down here…not just yet anyway.
- He also says my future is in finances, which for me seems like the deepest pits of hell for someone who can’t balance a checkbook properly, so I’m just going to file that under “grain of salt…”
- The new blind pup, Arya (yes, Game of Thrones fans, named after the little fighter Stark girl) is growing fast, fearless (almost) and finally, FINALLY getting the hang of potty training…knock on wood.
- Goliath is the jealous, first child who has become even more needy, if possible.
- Kidlet is still Kidlet, sassy as all heck
Okay, so onto being Martha. It all started when I found a flea on Arya. A FLEA. I have a phobia for pests, bugs, insects and any creature in that family. I’m just not a believer of chemically bombing the poor things (or us) unless there is a major issue, like spiders, and so I hopped onto the trusty old Internet and found some natural flea solutions. Mind you, Arya has been flea treated by the shelter. We use flower essences on Goliath who is just fine. (What are flower essences? Yeah, I’ll explain when I get into the Martha Stewart part).
Two boxes of baking soda later, 5 loads of laundry, an entire thing of Morton’s salt and a handful of store bought essential oils that were on sale later, the house smelled like a spa, the dogs were clean and I calmed down from my mild heart attack. So, then I thought, well, that was easier and much safer than I thought, what else can I make…
Before I bore you with too many details, let’s just say, I now have an industrial Costco sized bag of baking soda, I baked oat flour banana bread with Coconut Palm sugar last night (they were amazing!) and I am now a part of my very first and hopefully only MLM with doTerra Essential Oils, and I have a drawer full of Flower essences…drops of stuff I put in everyone’s food/drink, even the dogs, to cure all sorts of ailments from stress to creativity.
I dunno, but this snowball effect has me either putting baking soda or essential oils on everything in the house.
Tonight alone, I made ant traps with borax and raw cane sugar- yeah, they will die an expensive high end sugary death (I hope), since I don’t have white granulated (cheap) sugar, rubbed the dogs’ paws with grapeseed oil diluted lavender for its calming effects, and have a delicious smelling citrus blend in the diffuser I borrowed from my chiropractor (since I’m trying to figure out which is the best to purchase).
Next thing you know, I’m gonna get into trading…hopefully not like Martha did though.
Oh hey, maybe my mom’s psychic is accurate after all…