As I ride the slippery slope into middle-agedness, I marvel at the fact that my nineteen year old self thought thirty was OLD. Now I’m on the other side and rapidly descending into the MID-thirties, I think that thirty three is YOUNG…or I hope it is and I am hoping that you, my favorite blog readers will reassure me that it actually is. If it’s not, lie to me…
(My friends threw me an AWESOME surprise birthday party last week–I’m trying to get the footage to post, but I don’t have it yet, so, I’m filling in with an Obsession post–birthday style!)
Things I’m obsessed with…
1. ShoeDazzle: I have big feet and so I always hated shoe shopping…then something happened about three years ago – I CAME TO MY SENSES. There was this whole new world of shopping that I had yet to appreciate and explore. What was I thinking?! I’ve since rectified that little flaw and (don’t tell my husband) totally made up for it. And then I found Shoe Dazzle. Started by Kim Kardashian, you sign up and for $39.95 a month, a group of stylists, chooses 5 pairs of shoes for you to pick from. I was a spectator for 3 months before I pulled the trigger and yesterday bought myself a pair of shoes for my birthday. The first day of each month, you get a new showroom. I swear, it’s like Christmas. I love opening my email and looking at my new selections. If you want to sign up, comment below or send me your email. I get credits for people I refer to the site and I get free shoes and you get 20% off! Here are my new shoes, called Anise:
2. The iPad: I want one. Why do I need one? Who said I needed one? I just want it. It’s cool, makes my pictures look cool and makes me look cool. If anyone wants to get me one for my birthday, I’ll be a happy girl…(ahem, mom or Tim…)
3. Juicy Couture: I love the BRAND. I don’t like everything they come out with but their branding is AWESOME. I mean, singlehandedly making sweats COOL…how can you go wrong there? If I ever had the chance to shoot an ad campaign for them, I’d D.I.E. Literally. Pink zebras, feathers, huge bows, pirate ships, tutus…ah, heaven.
4. Myxer.com: Free ringtones. Can you say high school??! Yep. Don’t judge. I have a ringtone for everyone. Husband – USC ringtone. Mom and Dad – Home by Michael Buble. Day job boss – The Office theme. Brides and wedding vendors – Going to the chapel, of course. How else can I tell if I want to pick up the phone or not? Just kidding.
5. Zumba: A few months ago, I was allergic to exercise. I used to say that I only ran when chased, but when my dog trainer told me I had to walk the dog everyday, I figured I might as well run and work on losing the “baby” weight. Then I went to Zumba with my mom. It’s a “Latin infused workout” that is fast, fun and burns a ton of calories. I’m seriously uncoordinated–can’t move my arms and legs at the same time and I absolutely have not one shred of rhythm. I can’t even shake my hips properly –I look like I’m convulsing, but it’s fun and no one laughs at me –to my face anyway –and it makes me feel better about eating half a loaf of garlic bread in one sitting, then topping it off with a couple of scoops of Baskin Robbins’ Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream.
Well, thanks for indulging me today. I’ll leave you a photo of my AMAZING birthday cake–made by my favorite caterer, Jay’s Catering and designed by my good friend, Mary Lallande.